Wednesday, July 4, 2007


Being a budding photographer, I've spent some time checking out various professionals websites and blogs for insight on their techniques and tips. A friend in our small group told me about a wedding they went to in California in which the photographer, in her opinion was outrageous. Her two middle school children actually walked the couples' dogs down the aisle in this very high end wedding and the photographer had that particular shot posted on his blog. I had to check it out. She was right, this guy is amazing! This was back in December and I've been frequenting his blog ever since. I now have Mike Colon posted on my blog as one of my favorites.

Not only is this thirty-something, married father of two a first class wedding photojournalist, he's a dedicated Christ follower and not ashamed to share his faith. I've especially enjoyed reading his forethoughts on keeping his faith at the center of his business. He's a real inspiration to many and it's evident by the comments he receives on his blog.

Recently Mike posted an interesting story about a meeting he had with a guy who runs his shoe business with a vision to help people in need. The guys name is Blake Mycowski and he's the founder and owner of Tom's Shoes. Mike confesses in his post that Blake "totally inspired me to find new ways to bless others and build charity into my business to the point that it's more a foundation for my business than just something I do in my free time."

Check out Mike's blog and then view Tom's shoe drop video in Argentina. It's touching to see a young guy with a passion for helping others. Something we don't see every day in America, but maybe, if enough people are ignited by guys like Blake and Mike, could actually could change in the not so distant future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home