Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Shooter


Last night I watched "The Shooter". I remember wanting to see it when it came out in the movies, but after reading the review on Plugged In, decided it would probably tick me off because of it's negative spin on the government, making it appear corrupt....hellooo?? What was I thinking?? I actually really enjoyed the movie! It was entertaining, maybe a little far fetched, but not totally outside the realm of possibility, right?

Maybe I've watched too many movies over the years with this type of story line, or maybe I've heard from my dad too many times how all politicians are degenerate and power hungry. Call me a conspiracy theorist, I won't disagree with you. Why should I feel differently?

The human factor makes us all corrupt to some degree. Those who call themselves "christians" are capable of horrendous acts, how much more so are those without Christ?

I've been pondering these thoughts for some time now, especially since we're gearing up for a big election next year. Who to vote for? Why vote at all? A once passionate voter, I'm now losing my enthusiasm and belief that there's anyone out there actually intending to represent the people of this great nation. Those seeking my vote for 2008 have a lot ground to cover before I'll even turn an ear. And I suspect I'm not alone...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2007 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Calvary Student Ministries said...

your not alone sis.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home