Monday, June 25, 2007

Farewell Friends


We had a very sad day yesterday. Our very dear friends, with whom we've spent vacations, homeschool conventions, enjoyed baseball games, homeschooling, birthdays, boating and the beach, have moved to Georgia. We've known for a year now that this was coming, but speaking for myself, I've been in complete denial....until last night. We met the Gregory family (minus their oldest daughter Sarah, whose currently in Bolivia on a mission trip) at Cracker Barrel just off of the highway and had one last meal with them. I had a knot in my stomach the entire time, knowing the inevitable was coming--goodbye.

Few familes are blessed as ours. Friends who share a kindred spirit are not a dime a dozen, yet God has shown us such favor as to surround us with three precious families, the Gregory's being one of them...the one that we have done life with the most up until now. They are leaving a hole in our hearts, that's for sure, but I know that the distance won't weaken the bond we have forged, I am confidant it will only grow stronger as time passes.

So as our cherished friends follow this new path that God has paved for them, we pray their newest adventure will be the best yet and will lead to an even greater assurance that Jeremiah 29:11 stands true -- "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I can't wait to see that future unfold for Johnny, Debbie, Sarah, Rachel, JohnAllen & James...we love you dear ones!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

good peeps, will be missed.

 
At July 1, 2007 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

so sad:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home