Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Family Night


Last night was our weekly family night spent at my parents house. Mom always pulls off an amazing meal and no one leaves hungry. Last night was no exception. Here's the run down of our night...

Penny arrived toting her AMAZINGLY delicious apple pie which we devoured after mom filled us up with fresh corn, burgers on the grill and her famous baked rice. I made what I usually make, some kind of salad, and this time it was the ramen salad. I skipped, probably for the first time in a very long time, a favorite of Chris', which didn't go over well...sweet tea. It will never happen again, Chris!

We all had a little angst in our hearts last night for various reasons -- Chris' looming knee surgery, my grandmothers heart catherization today, Mom finding out she has cataracts at age 59, you know, usual life stuff (sense the sarcasm??), which actually could be much worse. While Chris and Penny played Wii with Mollie and Benjamin (Andrew's at boot camp, remember?), Daddy and Dave studied maps and discussed our upcoming annual family vacation to Lake Weir (more on that in future posts). And finally, Mom colored my hair while we sipped on coffee.

So that's a typical family night at the Goeppner's. Nothing crazy, but always a breath of fresh air just to be with the people you love most, sharing in lifes up's and down's. Weeks could go by without any of us seeing eachother, so Monday night's are a non-negotiable for our family. Keeping one another a priority in the midst of our busy lives is what helps us stay close.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great tradition! I hope some of my kids live close by when they grow up! My family is all scattered so we don't have that regular time. It's once or twice a year for us! I can't wait to read about family nights AFTER Chris and Penny get their kids! It might be more lively! :)
What hair color product do you use? Thom was going to do my hair. So expensive at the salon nowadays! I have dark brown and want to brighten it up, maybe with highlights?? But not bleachy ~ more natural looking, you know what I mean?? Any suggestions?

 
At June 19, 2007 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

I use Loreal products. They have a line called couleur experte and it's got the whole haircolor/highlight kit with it. You just don't use the highlights everytime cause it will dry your hair out. You'd definitely want Thom to help with it, too. The longer you leave in the highlights, the lighter they become. When I don't need highlights for a while I just use their excellence creme line. It IS so much cheaper than my hairdresser ($8-$15 as opposed to $120!). You can check it out online. Let me know what you end up doing...

 
At June 20, 2007 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

you failed to mention that your bro won at Wii twice (2x).



:)

 
At June 22, 2007 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

whatever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home