Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Outlet Shopping Trip


Mom, Penny, Mollie & I left West Palm on Saturday afternoon around 2:30 and headed for St. Augustine for our first annual girls only holiday shopping trip. The four hour trip ended at Cracker Barrel for dinner and then we checked in to our hotel room and crashed. Or should I say mom and I crashed? Mollie and Penny stayed up and watched a Christmas movie on TV while Joyce & I were quietly dreaming!

My morning started early at 7 a.m. while the others slept. I showered and headed down to the breakfast bar for coffee and a few minutes of study time in my book - Celebration of Discipline (which I am LOVING by the way!). I later made my way back to the room and we loaded up our bags and headed to the first of two outlet malls. We hit the few stores we had scouted out earlier that morning - Bath & Body Works (which had outrageous bargains), Pac Sun, a sports store, and a camping store. We got back in the car had lunch at Sonny's Barbeque and then landed at our final destination - Prime Outlets.

We spent about three and a half hours prowling the sidewalks of this outdoor mega-mall and meandering through the many stores that appealed to each of us - Aeropostal, Gap, Banana Republic, Yankee Candle, Coach (if you're into designer bags, this store was insane - $100 for a $200 bag, etc!!!), Gymboree and many more favorites. We all managed to cross a number of items off of our Christmas shopping lists and left well satisfied. By 4:30 we were done!

We piled our packages into mom's Tahoe and started for home. Our final stop before the last leg of the trip was at Olive Garden where we enjoyed soup and salad and even some delicious apple bread pudding dessert & coffee. We had a lot of side-splitting laughs and were able to relax and totally escape from the world for about 36 hours! It was good medicine and I look forward to many more trips like these with my three favorite girls in the world!

1 Comments:

At December 5, 2007 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

I had fun too! Maybe we should make it a family tradition except we'll steer clear of Country Inns!!=)
-Penny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home