Monday, November 19, 2007

What I've Been Up To....


Last Friday we had a staff family from church over for dinner. I had never met any of them, but Dave knew them and thought we'd enjoy getting to know this precious family who have recently relocated here from southern California. They have three children very close to the same ages as ours. The kids had a great time playing manhunt, roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores while the parents enjoyed the cool crisp air outside with a hot cup of coffee and a blanket to keep us warm while we chatted. The evening went by quickly and I'm sure we'll be getting together again soon!

Saturday was my turn to bring a breakfast food to our monthly Staff Wives small group get together. This time it was more man-food than usual and included my sausage gravy and patties, Heather's hashbrown casserole, and Lisa had hot baked biscuits to slosh the gravy over. It was delicious! We have a couple of new ladies in the group and decided to take the opportunity to get to know one another by sharing a fifteen minute version of our life stories. It was a wonderful time of connecting! We are all now anxiously awaiting our scheduled Christmas shopping trip to Sawgrass Mills with a couple of new girlfriends!

Sunday morning I decided to sit in on a New Beginnings class our church offers to anyone interested in attending. It's one of several discipleship classes the church offers. It was a packed roomful of baby christians just craving the "pure milk of the word". I was humbled and touched by their innocence and naiveity and actually moved to tears by a handful of their questions and comments. I can't wait for next week to witness more of their excitement!

Sunday night was our annual small group Thanksgiving feast hosted by the Kaiser family. Have I ever mentioned that our ladies rock when it comes to cooking? It was amazing! After a mouth-watering & gluttonous affair over the smorgasbord we headed into the living room for week four's lesson on the Beatitudes. It's been a wonderful experience studying Jesus' message in Matthew and I'll be sad when this six week study is over.

So that's what I've been up to and the reason for my lack of posting over the past few days. This week being Thanksgiving, my writings may be sparse as well, but I'll do my best to stay on top of Things Pondered.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home