Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Big Boy Has Arrived!


After you've been married for so many years you notice that the things you've accumulated over time either out of necessity or as a splurge start to go. For example, the washing machine begins crawling across your laundry room floor on its own, your dryer ceases to deliver dry clothes, refridgerator shleves begin to disappear and of course one day your television spouts fireworks.

Monday afternoon I experienced the fireworks! I thought I'd take a few minutes to myself and see who Dr. Phil happened to be counseling for his 3 p.m. episode that day, when all of a sudden strange popping noises and then a high pitched squeal started coming from our decade old 32" RCA of which is the only tv which broadcasts anything at all in this house (besides me!). That was that!

Our only backup was the small, unused 14" set stored in our bedroom armoir. Since Ohio State is about to go to the Rose Bowl I knew that resorting to this type of strained viewing would not due for Supa Dave. Sure enough, as soon as dinner was settled in his stomach and we finished our Thanksgiving prayer for the night, he was out the door to the local electronics mega store only to return home with the big boy. Yep, you got it, a 47" LCD flat panel television! Merry Christmas everyone!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2007 at 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Tell Supa Dave that chick flicks are even better on the big screen and you now feel inspired to have a chick flick marathon with him!! :) I must say, I can't wait for the fireworks because I like a large screen myself. Even Caleb seemed to perk up when we put his learning dvd on my dad's 60" screen. Now he is straining to see the words on our 20" screen!! But, alas, I must wait for fireworks to replace ours! We've thought about getting rid of the thing all together, but we use the DVD/VCR all the time. Not to mention, where would we plug in the Gamecube?! Have your kids tried their playstation on the screen yet? I am sure they are lovin' it! Have a great Thanksgiving~heard the Wiggins were comin' down! Post a picture on your blog!
Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home