Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm a Curly Girl!


A few months ago a friend told me about this book she read on how to manage curly hair. The author discusses the fact that almost everyone has some wave or curl. I've always had wavy, thick, coarse hair, but have done everything possible to make it as flat and straight as I can. I've got every straightening product you can think of and the huge round brushes to dry it out as well as my CHI flat iron. I have to say since reading this little book about how to care for your hair and buying the Deva hair products, I LOVE my curly/wavy hair!! Especially in the hot & humid months, which are about nine out of twelve here in West Palm! It has freed me up to excercise more regularly and not worry about having to "do my hair". I don't have to plan an hour in the morning for styling it. It's just made my life so much eaisier!! I do have to say, though, that I haven't turned my back completely on my CHI. I still like variety and end up with straight hair about once every other week. So for any of you out there that are still wrestling with your hair, give this book a quick read and decide for yourself! And let me know what you think:)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

I love your hair curly. I'm just not sure about the no-poo shampoo. I've been brainwashed into believing that I need suds to be clean. The no-poo sure does smell good though!
-P

 
At June 19, 2007 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Kushmama said...

You just need to give it a try....I KNOW you can do it!!
-Me

 
At June 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is soooo my sister!! After years of blowing her hair out, she just recently embraced the curls and started using a diffuser and got some layers cut into her hair. It's a cute look on her! You need to post a curly hair pic! I wonder if my sister read the book.... hmmm.........
Charity wants to go curly and she has the natural wave. Where did you get the book?

 
At June 19, 2007 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

i got the book on amazon...it was like $6 + shipping

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home