Thursday, June 7, 2007

FPEA Home School Convention '07



Every year on Memorial Day Weekend, Orlando prepares for thousands of home school families to arrive for the annual FPEA Home School Convention. Over the past few years The Gaylord Palms Resort has hosted this event. What an amazing place that is for a family to stay! Great restaurants, fun places to explore, little shops and beautiful pools. We loved it!

This year FPEA moved the convention to a brand new resort, The Rosen Shingle Creek. Not bad. Definitely beautiful, big enough to hold the crowds. The elevators were an issue, though...very confusing with every elevator going to a different group of floors and certainly not enough of them to manage the people using them. The pools were nice and they had a beach volley ball court that our kids and their friends enjoyed. Amazing view overlooking a fabulous golf course. Any golfer's paradise. But this wasn't a golf convention. Our family's opinion...move it back to Gaylord!

Other than our missing the Gaylord, the convention itself with the workshops and vendors, was worth it. The convention floor was spacious, organized and I was in heaven with all of the choices of books, curriculum and manipulatives. I never even made it to a workshop desipite all of my planning and scheduling out the ones I wanted to attend. The vendors work like a magnet and I couldn't get out of their grasp!

I was able to, however, purchase two cd's of the workshops I missed. One was actually for my husband...something about how to help your wife home school. I made sure we listened to it in the car on the way home. The other one, for me, was on how to create your own transcripts. I've yet to listen to that one, as I'm no longer in the mode! Maybe in August!

We also got a little treat this year...we were able to attend the Graduation Ceremony. Two of our friends' daughters graduated. It was a little emotional for me to realized that we will be doing this with our Andrew in just three years! How the time flies!

Anyway, I always head off to the convention ready to quit homeschooling my three children. By the time I leave for home, I'm convinced, once again, that there's no better way to educate my little students. It's worth all the sacrifices and headaches and I'll never regret that I chose to keep them home and instill God's values in their hearts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 9, 2007 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

I'm so proud of you Beth! I love that you have a blog. You are definately much cooler now!=)
-P

 
At June 11, 2007 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

Yeah, baby!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home