Thursday, January 31, 2008

You're How Old????



Today is my mother's 60th birthday! As you can see by the recent photo, she doesn't look it one bit! I'm hoping to have inherited her genes:)

What a joy it is to be able to honor the woman who, in a sense, holds the world together for the rest of us. She's a shining example of a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, sister, servant, friend and confidant. We are each blessed for the love she's poured in to all she's done for us over the past 42 years she's been married to my dad. We don't say it often enough.....thank's, mom, for committing yourself to loving this crazy bunch of kin you inherited by no choice of your own!

So, this afternoon the girls in the family are taking her to a special lunch (I can't say where, as that's a surprise to her!) to celebrate this landmark and then tomorrow night we'll enjoy a birthday dinner at our house. Simple is the way she likes it, and simple we'll keep it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo.....much for the kind words that are so undeserving. Only by God's grace and direction have I got to where I am. To God be the glory!!. My family makes it so easy to love on and serve as you all love me when I am not so loveable!! You are the best and thanks for this very special day. MOM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home