Sunday, December 30, 2007

FISHFLIX?


I'm sad to say that we are not movie rental enthusiasts in the Kush household. We have way too many network television shows that we are addicted to - House, Lost, CSI, Heroes, The Office - you get the picture, one for every night of the week! Besides getting nailed with one too many late fees from our local movie rental center, due to the hectic nature of our weeknights, we've had more than our share of movie rentals returned unwatched!

That said, a couple of our friends have started using Netflix, making movie watching much more feasible due to it's front-door delivery and pick up as well as the convenience of ordering online. You never have to leave your house - just a short walk to your mailbox and tah-dah! You're requested movie is at your fingertips!

As you can probably guess, this option has started to sound a bit appealing and caused me to consider trying this not-so-new modern convenience. I've not decided anything. I haven't even discussed it with my husband. I'm just tossing it around in my head.

Now, my PSL girlfriend and homeschool mentor lands this one on me. Fishflix. You got it. Same idea as Netflix, but a Christian based and family centered entertainment resource. Their motto..."edify, encourage and entertain." Intrigued yet? You can check them out here. They have everything from well-loved movie classics to documentary's and bible teaching.

More for me to process! Anyway, I'm thinking about it...why don't you?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 30, 2007 at 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!! I'm on my way to checking it out..... I'll report back.

 
At December 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, first I would like to know who started this.... does your PSL friend know them by chance?? Just curious b/c they are headquartered in PSL (which, by the way, means Floridians would get their DVDs in only one day!) and most of their Bible teaching DVDs are Bob Coy from Calvary Ft. Laud. Anyway, seems like a good group. They do still have some rentals that have objectionable scenes, but they are very clear in their notes about what may be objectionable. I was specifically looking at My Big Fat Greek Wedding and was reminded by the notes on the side that they do show them in bed and they aren't married at the time.... stuff like that. They also have several package options. I need to go back and look closer to see if it is a subscription or if you pay as you go.......

 
At December 30, 2007 at 10:43 PM , Blogger Deb said...

That's pretty cool. I might have to look into that one a bit more.
Thanks for the tip.

 
At December 31, 2007 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Kushmama said...

As a matter of fact, the people who started it go to the Wiggins church in PSL. They have subscribed and love it so far!

Would you girls mind letting me know if you decide to go with it? I'll do the same!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home