Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day 2007



At 7:30 a.m. I awoke to Benjamin standing over me in my slumber. The excitement in him just beaming! We made our way out to the stockings, waking Andrew and Mollie first. While reveling in our treats from Santa we awaited the arrival of my parents before digging into the gifts around the tree. Once everyone had opened their treasures and cleaned up the wrapping we scooted over to the dining room where we savored our traditional Christmas morning breakfast with Granny & Grampy. As we were cleaning up the dishes I pulled out a gift that was "forgotten" and under a different tree....what could it be??? Yes, Santa got his hands on a Wii for the Kush family! It was quite a surprise and made the kids' day!

The rest of the day was quiet with no dinner guests for the first time for as far back as I can remember. Just the ten of us, me, Dave & the kids, my parents, grandmother and Chris & Penny. Very relaxing and laid back. I will remember this Christmas for years to come. We are truly blessed to have such a loving family who serve the Lord together!

Next year will be quite different, I'm sure, as we'll be adding two more Goeppner's to the mix.... In a few short weeks Dave and I will be traveling with my brother and sister-in-law to a very cold country to bring them home. The celebration isn't over for our family...we're holding out for the boys!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home