Friday, October 5, 2007

What I love...


I love books. Yes, I love to read them, but I enjoy holding them, looking at them, and arranging them beautifully on my bookshelves (after removing the jacket!) almost as much as mentally retrieving the information from them and storing it in my sometimes not so sharp mind. There is only one prerequisite for any particular volume finding its way into my home.....they must be hardcover to obtain the right to be displayed. The paperback versions are less tempting for me to purchase and definitely won't find themselves predominantly exhibited in my home. Those guys wind up behind cabinet doors and inside decorative baskets and most likely loaned out to a somewhat trusted friend. My hardcovers are rarely placed on loan to another...I'd more likely purchase another copy and gift it away. When it comes to purging my bookshelves once they become crowded to overflowing, I find it near impossible to decide what to keep and what to discard (i.e., give away--NEVER throw away!). Even the soft cover variety will find me fretting over their fate. My husband and mother tease me about the number of shoes I buy each month always wondering exactly how many are stored in my shrinking closet. The funny thing is, they never have caught on to the fact that I actually procure far more books than shoes or anything else for that matter. And the most popular gift I receive for birthdays and other holidays....books. Yes, I love books. Have I mentioned that?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home