Friday, July 13, 2007

New Shoes!


A few posts back you may remember me deciding it was time to retire my New Balance 640's and start looking for my next pair of running shoes. I'm not one for change in any area of my life and when I find something that works well, I'm happy to stick with it until the day I die, never venturing off to discover a "new and improved" version. Just give me the same exact item I had before, it worked well, why change??

So I did a little investigating in an attempt to find the very same shoe only to find out they don't make it anymore. Initially I was peeved, but after further reading, I uncovered a new and exciting fact about New Balance shoes (I'm sure other brands have this as well, but I'm not interested in finding out!)...shoe last. "A shoe 'Last' is a wood, plastic, or metal foot model on which shoes are constructed. The shape of a Last affects the width, length, and fit of the shoe. Each New Balance Last is engineered to provide a unique fit and size profile optimized for women, men, or kids according to their unique foot characteristics." I was thrilled! All I needed to do was find out what "last" my old shoe was! After realizing I need an SL-2 last, all I had to do was find a shoe that was similar to my "old buddies".

I did some online window shopping but didn't want to spend what they were asking, so I was continuing my search and contemplating changing my price range. Until last night....

I needed to purchase a birthday gift for my niece and on our way to the checkout I had to walk past the shoe department at Marshall's. HELLO!!! They had several New Balance running shoes and they had SL-2's!! Soooo I've got brand new 411 lime green and white running shoes within my cheapskate price range of $34.99!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2007 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

nice shoes!

 
At July 15, 2007 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

I like 'em! Want to join me in that 5 K???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home