Thursday, July 12, 2007

I can't believe I'm doing this...


Okay, I'm going out on a very scary limb here! About seven months ago I started running again. I've had some back problems off and on which have set me back for months at a time in the past few years, but I'm feeling really strong at this point and want to set some goals for myself before I change my mind or my back goes out again. By December/January I want to run my very first 5K race. There, I said it! The fact that I'm committing to this amongst all those who may visit my blog sets me up for some serious accountability. I guess there's no turning back now. I'm going to need some cheerleaders if I'm going to succeed, so don't be shy in your words of encouragement!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At July 12, 2007 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Juan & Meghan said...

Bethany, I was just trying to get Juan to commit to running a 5 K with me for January but he can't because of school. I need a goal too so I will run the race with you if you want. A great one I have done before is Race for the Cure. It is usually in January on Flagler Drive. Want to do it?? Meghan

 
At July 12, 2007 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

Let's do it, girl! Kerri K. may want to join us. This could actually be fun...who knew??

 
At July 13, 2007 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Girl, you are CRAZY!!!!!
-P

 
At July 15, 2007 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!!! I'll be there cheering you on.

 
At July 17, 2007 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run up here in Orlando too, so I can cheer you on! I think Disney does a 5K along with their marathon and half marathon. Maybe you could talk Dave into a Disney mini vacation!
:) Jody

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home