Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday little man!


Today is my little nephew, Roman's, birthday. He is five years old and this is his first birthday celebrated in the United States. A year ago he celebrated his special day in an orphanage in Siberia. And I met him for the first time just days later. That's when my husband Dave and I met up with my brother and sister-in-law on the other side of the world to help bring Roman and his brother Jadon home to meet the rest of their family. It seems like a lifetime ago and I can't imagine our world without this precious little man in our lives. He stole my heart from the moment we met and will always hold a piece of it! So this day we celebrate you, sweet Roman. We celebrate your birth, the family God chose for you, and the future God has in store for this, your one life!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2009 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Kimmy K said...

Happy Birthday Roman! Wow, Bethany, I can't believe it's been a year already...then I look at the pictures and I can see how much he's grown and thrived. Amazing! He found an AWESOME family to be a part of!!

 
At February 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You have such a way with words... you're makin' me cry!! You can tell just looking at the picture how much you love that little guy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home