Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Off to college....sort of


Since kindergarten we've talked about it and planned for it. Well, today is the big day. Andrew's first day of dual enrollment at Palm Beach Community College!

As parents we've all done it. Especially when they were young, we'd compare our children with our friends', trying to keep up with who's smarter, faster, cuter, more polite and most likely to succeed. I remember people asking me, "Do you have a savings plan for Andrew's college expenses?" It appeared everyone around me was "saving" for college for their preschooler. It seemed so far off at the time. But even all those years ago we hoped to take advantage of our local dual enrollment program so he would have two years, near an associate degree, under his belt before ever graduating from high school. All for only the cost of his books. That was our savings plan.

And so we begin the last of his high school years and the first of his college years, simultaneously! I can't believe we made it! Take note all you parents of young children, your time is just around the corner!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOOHOO!! I think we're going to try that for senior year.
You'll have to coach me through it all like Stacy did for you!! :)

 
At August 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you did it...you made me sob big time. I remember my sweet lil' Andrew on my lap watching pooh bear like it was yesterday. Way to go Andrew and you are the coolest teen I know!! Love from NC, Laura

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home