Friday, August 8, 2008

(Almost) 40 and PROUD!


Okay, I'm not afraid to admit it! Actually, I'm proud of it. Tomorrow is my 40th birthday! I've come a long way over the past 39 years and I ponder my transition into the 40's with great anticipation. There are so many things I've enjoyed saying good-bye to as I leave my 30's. Here are my top 10 favorites:

Good-bye to...
10.Changing diapers, potty training and all things related to being a mom of preschoolers!
9. Figuring out how to cover my gray hair...I've got it down pat by now!
8. Struggling to run a mile without passing out...I can run 3+ miles now with relative ease!
7. Wrestling with PMS....a good dose of Magnesium Malate takes care of that one!
6. Worrying about what others think about me...I really don't care anymore, and besides, they probably weren't thinking about me in the first place!
5. Inflexibility...for various reasons, teenagers being one of them!
4. Obsessing over a meticulously clean house...I've learned to be happy with a "neat" house that's mostly clean!
3. Fighting for straight hair...I've learned to embrace my curls half of the time...maybe the other half with come when I hit 50!
2. Obstetricians...need I say more?
1. Bikinis...oh the relief!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 8, 2008 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! Here I sit, 41 years old, still in the diaper phase and loving every minute! :) I left bikinis in my 20's and am still on mile #1! Reflection is good, isn't it? I am always adjusting... usually my own attitude! I left the clean house thing a while ago and I think the neat house ran away on me and now I must go retrieve it once again!! Can't live in disorganization!! I always experience "before school starts nesting"!
I think you are an amazing 40!!! You live with gusto and pizazz and without regret... and I get to call you friend..... lucky me!!

 
At August 9, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Kimmy K said...

Happy Birthday, Bethany! Hope your day is great!

 
At August 9, 2008 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Kushmama said...

Thanks for your kind words, Jody...you're always the encourager!

Hey, KIm, thanks for the shout out!

 
At August 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM , Blogger TMac said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm sitting here with mom showing her the beauty of cyber babbling... She said to tell you that 40 is cool 50 is great but 60 stinks!! Hope you have a fabulous day and celebrate with style!! I also see you are now an auntie!! I'm so happy to see these miracles we've prayed for come to be!!! Have a great day!!

~Talley
themacparadise.blogspot.com

 
At August 9, 2008 at 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right behind ya...I hope I make 40 look as good as you do. Weezie

 
At August 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl. You inspire me. And i love your list. Right there with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home