Monday, March 24, 2008

First Family Holiday!






Happy Easter! Yesterday was our very first family holiday celebration with our two newest members, Roman & Jadon. Actually, since they've entered this new world just two short weeks ago they've already encountered a birthday bash for Mollie & Penny and now Easter! Each time they've visited Glanny & Galumpy's house it's been a party!!! They'll wonder "what's up?" when it's just an ordinary family night!

Following family traditions is core to my being. That being said, I was determined, as their Auntie, to give them the full Easter experience-- egg hunt, jelly beans, egg dying, Cadbury eggs (for Roman-I was good and kept chocolate away from Jadon!), and of course, Easter pictures! It was great fun watching them experience so many things for the first time. Dodya Dave and I got them little bubble guns--that was a good laugh as we watched Papa scramble to catch the falling cup of liquid as it tumbled between his legs compliments of his 1 1/2 year old! Nothing but good times:)

Oh yeah, I did not come away unscathed myself--yes, green egg dye plopped onto my khaki's as Roman excitedly dumped his first egg into the little cup of colored water! No recent memory will I hold closer than this; my nephews' first celebration of the Resurrection of Christ, green egg dye and sticky bubble's and all!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2008 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

studs!

 
At March 27, 2008 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was determined to "do it all" until most of the household caught the flu bug! They recovered just before Easter, but were still tired. Caleb still hasn't decorated his first egg! Next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home