Friday, November 2, 2007

My Very First Mammogram...
























Cartoon Courtesy of: superlaugh.com

Yes, today was a big day for me marking my very first mammogram! As I was sitting in the waiting room I began to feel a bit anxious because I wasn't more anxious! I'd heard many terrible stories of what I was about to experience. Including the one that best decribes the sensation as lying on the cold concrete floor of your garage and placing your breast under your car tire while your husband drives over it a couple of times!

So as I walked into the dressing room to disrobe my upper body & acquire my new purple gown I began to feel a small quiver in my knees. Once in the equipment room, the technician went to work explaining and manipulating (I won't go into further detail---figure it out for yourself!). A few of changes in postion and before I knew it I was back in the dressing room, fully clothed and awaiting instruction. As I waited I realized that I was seriously surprised that I didn't end up passed out on the floor from the should-be pain described to me so many times before! Sweet victory! Another right of passage under my belt of womanhood!

So my transparency should come as a great relief to those ladies under 35 awaiting their first trip for their dreaded mammogram! Unless I'm crazy and maybe I am, believe me, it's a piece of cake! No worries!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 2, 2007 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually overdue for one... couldn't get one while pregnant or nursing. The time has come...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home