Thursday, November 1, 2007

HAPPY FALL!


Yesterday being Halloween made for more busyness in the Kush Family. Our church has an annual Fall Festival at the Gardens Campus facility and this year was the first annual Festival at our new Royal Palm facility. Of course, being on the hospitality team I was recruited to help with the food. In addition I was asked to do some photographs of the event from a variety of angles. I started out "double-dipping" and was soon dismissed from my hospitality responsibilities as there was plenty of help on that end. The main sanctuary was emptied out and filled with four different "bounce-houses", God's Town (elementary) was turned into a Laser Tag set up and Student Ministries was band central with a live "Battle of the Bands". It was great fun and a tremendous success with a huge turn-out of at least 2600 people! Our kids had a blast!

As far as the kids costumes went here's the rundown: Mollie - couldn't decide and ended up going as herself; Benjamin - Jenga-Fett --Boba-Fett's son from Star Wars, you know, the bounty hunter??!! Of the three kids, Andrew had the best "get-up" this year. Since he shave's his head about once a month for Sea Cadets, we agreed to let him get a mohawk! I took him to Great Clips, dropped him off, went to fill the car with gas and when I returned the barber was just finishing up. I don't know what I was excpecting, but it took me completely off guard!!! I starting having a little freak-out moment, laughing and making proclamations all while feeling weak-kneed! I can't believe I let him do it! Another hairdresser actually offered me a glass of wine to calm my nerves (nice as it was of her, I declined)!

So I ended up in Target with a 6'4" man with a mohawk--you can say I felt pretty safe with him at my side, as he was a scarey sight! We picked up Benjamin's power blaster to go with his costume and headed home. I then found myself blasting red hair paint onto my son's mohawk. Yes, he truely looked like a punk rocker from the 80's. What kind of a mother am I???

He certainly received a lot of attention and had great fun 'posing'. And yes, it's coming off before Sunday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home