Monday, September 17, 2007


This was an unusual weekend for our family. Instead of following our normal routine of going to CF, our home church, we had the opportunity to go to Calvary Chapel Jupiter to hear my baby brother preach. It's been a few years since we've had the freedom to do such a thing so it was a real treat. He's a gifted preacher and it's extraordinary to see him growing before our eyes in the wisdom of the Lord.

Below is the breakdown of his message according to my notes. Take some time to look up the scriptures, they are appropriately befitting the topic and the ones I have in quotes are only excerpts.

HOW DO I MAKE DECISIONS?

God’s word gives us specific instruction:

My role –

Pray - James 1:5 "if any lack wisdom (supernatural insight), ask of God"
Submit (to His will) - Psalm 40:8 – "I desire/need, to do your will"
Trust (God's word) - 2 Tim 3:16, 17 – "all scripture is useful"
Seek (counsel) - Prov 15:22 – plans fail for lack of counsel)

God’s role-

Provide direction - Psalm 4:11-13 – "I guide you in the way
of wisdom, your steps won’t be hampered"

Questions to ask myself:

Would it honor God? 1 Cor10:13, Eph 4:30, Jn. 2:15-17
Would it honor my family? Eph 6:23, Deut 5:16
How will it affect others? Rom 14:21, Matt 18:6-7, Rom 2:8

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home