Friday, July 20, 2007

Vacuum troubles


Almost 5 years ago I purchased my very first high end vacuum cleaner. An Oreck XL360. It was love from the start! Weighing in at only 7 lbs. it was much easier on my back and did a tremendous job of picking up anything in its path. Included in the purchase of the Oreck upright was a lightweight portable canister vac which I've used to clean everything from my car, to lampshades, sofas, curtains & baseboards. I've never regretted the $450 purchase price, as I use one or the other of my cleaning devices sometimes daily.

Recently I've noticed that the upright is spitting out dirt from the base. After some investigating, I discovered three cracks in the pole that attaches to the base. Shucks!

I pulled out my warranty information and it's possible (I say this with great reserve, as these things don't usually work out well for me!) that this repair may fall under the limited 10 year product warranty. So on my planner for next week is a trip to the closest authorized service center to see if they're willing to help the latest victim of domestic wear and tear. Stay tuned for announcement of the verdict!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2007 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

....or you can give it a good funeral

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home