Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008


On Saturday, I got a phone call from my dad. The Lord had placed on his heart an urgency to pray for the upcoming election and for our nation. I quickly got to work inviting everyone I knew in my email address book and all of my facebook friends. We planned for 1 hour of united prayer. So last night about 30 people from CF gathered, hands locked, in the parking lot of our Royal Palm Campus to pray for our nation. Not bad for a last minute rally!

What an uplifting time of knitting our hearts toward one purpose! We cried out to God to have mercy on our nation, to forgive the church as a whole for years of apathy, sinful behavior and outright rebellion. We asked for healing, for returned blessing and for protection. We thanked Him for the blessing and honor we have as a result of living in this great land of freedom. The fact that we are free to gather publicly and pray without persecution is a gift, one we should never take lightly. We ended in a time of worship through song, led by Dear Pastor Jim...."Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound!"

I believe we all left with a sense of peace and trust in our Heavenly Father. We realized we have a duty, as the body of Christ, to pray for our nation, for our leaders, and to vote according to biblical standards, not the worlds. We are not of this world, we are Christ's ambassadors. We must represent him well, no matter the outcome.

So with a spring in my step at 7 this morning, I went to my assigned location to vote. Forty-five minutes in line--not bad compared to the 2+ hours many had to stand for early voting! I was able to go with my husband this year and we actually had a pleasant wait in line talking with a good friend from our Life Group at CF. The line moved quickly, the poll workers were friendly & helpful, and the ballots were simple. There was a feeling of release once my ballot was cast. I had just placed my hope in God's hands. It's up to Him now what He does with it.

Now we wait and see...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home