Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A challenge from the heart...


My brother and sister-in-law gave me a book for Christmas which I just started reading a couple of days ago. Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan has already, and I'm only on the fifth chapter, grabbed at my heart.

The author is the founder and director of Gospel for Asia and his challenge is for Christians "to examine and change their lifestyles in view of the millions who have never heard the Gospel."

After reading just a few short chapters, I believe his narrative has the potential to radically change the self-centered, indulgent mind-set of American Christians to a more eternally minded way of thinking. I challenge you to pick up a copy. I promise his stories will make you uncomfortable. But often times discomfort brings change. My prayer is that many of us will, after thumbing through these pages, come away transformed with a mind for action!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

If you go to his website they will send you the book for free. :)

 
At January 1, 2009 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

p.s. I miss you. Bethany Kush time is something that I would bring me so much joy right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home