Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reading Together is Fun!


Tim Challies, a favorite blogger of mine, started a series post called "Reading Classics Together". Up to now he's done Holiness by J.C. Ryle, Overcoming Sin and Temptation by John Owen and A.W. Pink's The Seven Sayings of the Saviour on the Cross as well as Jonathan Edwards' The Religious Affctions. He is about to start his fifth book and has chosen Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I have not followed along in his other choice classics, but this one is calling me! This will be my third time thumbing through these pages, but I can't resist a good discussion!

So along with 52 others so far who have committed, I will join the fun as they dig into this much loved printing that's well-known by many. He's giving us until December 4th to read through the first few pages of the Preface and Forward, promising to move along at a fast pace throughout the remaining chapters. If you're interested in joining me along with Tim and others, here's a link to his blog to find out more.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

your post title made me laugh, cause all i could think of was how i think you would say it. :)

haha...

 
At November 18, 2008 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

yep...i can be pretty animated, can't i?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home