Friday, June 20, 2008

Recommended Study Tool


A couple of months ago some sweet new friends gave us a book, Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods. It's actually one I'd been eying for some time, so when they presented it to us I was charged!

As you know, I've been up to my nose in reading with our women's leadership group, so I had to put these "study methods" aside until I was afforded the time to investigate them fully. Finally the time has come! Due to summer schedules, we decided to take the month of July off, so a couple of weeks ago I pulled this soft-cover guide off the shelf and started digging through it.

WOW is all I can say! There are twelve methods divulged in this meaty little "how-to" book, all of which have the ability to transform your quiet time with the Lord. So far I haven't moved past the first method - The Devotional Method - only because, being a creature of habit, when I find something I like, I stick with it. It will take some Holy Spirit prodding to move me to the next level - The Chapter Summary Method - but I suspect it will be just as beneficial, if not more so. The cool thing about this book is that he has everything laid out with step by step instruction followed by a reproducible study form. It's so simple, I love it!

If you've studied the bible for years on your own, or if you're new to it, doesn't matter. This guide makes studying the scripture terrifically doable, whether you want to go deep or keep it simple. It's my new morning companion for now and imagine it will be for some time to come!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home