Sunday, June 29, 2008

POLA Graduation

Yesterday was a full one! We woke ourselves up at 5 a.m., showered, dressed and poked our way over to my parents house. We arrived to find four sleepy-eyed kiddos (remember our two little visitors?) and two proud grandparents anxiously awaiting the launch of our Chevy Tahoe caravan up and over to St. Petersburg.

The trip was nice for Dave and I, as all the chillin' (aka children) eagerly landed in Granny and Grampy's Tahoe--built in home theater is all I'll say! We quickly made a note to self:)

We arrived at Admiral Farragut Academy, where the Sea Cadet POLA week was held, and were directed to the chapel where the ceremony was due to start in 40 minutes. That gave plenty of time for pit stops for the eight of us!

The ceremony was quick - just under forty-five minutes. The chaplin of the Academy spoke, a few awards were given, photos taken and then the cadets were checked out by their parents and permitted to go home. Andrew and his buddy Alden rode with Dave and I so we got the low down on their week during the first part of the drive. A quick bite at Applebee's and they knocked off quickly for the rest of the ride home.

All in all the day cost us a total of twelve hours! Not bad for everlasting memories! Below you'll find a few photos of the day...



Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of Andrew!

 
At June 30, 2008 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

Thanks, Marla! So good to hear from you....I keep up with you and your girls via facebook....it's great for that and makes the world seem a little smaller!

 
At July 1, 2008 at 12:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left you an amazingly long comment on the previous post, but I think it deleted somehow. Anyway, I was saying that I had no idea you were a fellow blogger! I wish I'd known earlier. I followed the link from Chad's site.

So go check out my two blogs...
www.coffeeshopjournal.com
and
www.dancingthruherdaddysworld.blogspot.com

It's so much fun to keep more up to date with everyone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home