Sunday, May 25, 2008

Prince Caspian


Yesterday we went with some friends from church to see Prince Caspian. To be honest, I went with very little expectation. In my opinion, there are few sequels out there that are able to hold their own with its original counterpart.

So after the first hour I was not surprised that it had me only mildly interested and almost wishing I'd stepped in to see Indiana Jones! But then, to my great shock & satisfaction, came the climax....where Caspian is faced with the decision to follow the White Witch or turn to Aslan for help. From that point on the story sparked my interest and had me sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation to the very end.

"Surly Aslan will come!" I thought. But, as he says to Lucy, "Nothing ever happens the same way twice." So without giving the story away for those of you, who like me, haven't read the book, I will say that the rest of the movie had me emotionally charged and, yes, even tearful, as Aslan unfolded the perfect plan, only to be fully grasped at the end, not in the midst, of the battle.

What I took away - His ways really are not our ways, nor are our thoughts His thoughts. But there's good reason for the events He allows in our lives. And in Peter's case, a good dose of humility learned the hard way was the chosen lesson for him--something we all need to discover at some point in our life. Unfortunately, we, like Peter, often times figure it out later than sooner and at no small price. But God never stops loving us, nor does He give up on us...praise Him for that!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 29, 2008 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that moment with the white witch was good... they cut out a bit of that other part where Aslan confronts Lucy about trusting her convictions, but i guess they had to make it appealing to the masses...

 
At June 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen it yet(waiting for all four of us to go together) but my girlfriend was as emotionally charged as so many of you were. She writes a BEAUTIFUL blog about it and NO I could not read to far into her blog for the sake of keeping myself in the dark until we see the movie. Check out www.lisawhittle.blogspot.com. Your sis in NC

 
At June 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the entry of Lisa's blog(on Prince Caspian) was on May 19th called Overwhelmed. Me again!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home