Friday, May 23, 2008

Homeschool Convention Weekend


Every year on Memorial Day weekend is the Florida Homeschool Convention in Orlando. My pattern is to go every other year. Usually it goes like this.... We go as a family and have a blast! It takes place at a huge resort with lots to do and the rooms are first class. It's a real reward for making it through another year!

The next year, I decide I don't have to go. My excuses are numerous - too expensive, I'll just buy things I don't need, I already know what I'm doing with the kids next year so what's the point in looking at more material, and on and on...Then I realize it's not just about the vendors. There are great break-outs with renowned speakers to encourage the weary heart of the homeschool mom. I also find out that many of my friends are going. Then I wish I was going! That's where I stand this year.

So if my pattern stays true, I will go next year, but not with the whole family. I go with two or three other friends and split the cost of gas and the room, making it more financially feasible. Then I'll get up there and start missing my family and wish they were with me. That's when I decide that the next year the whole family will go enjoy the convention together. And so the pattern goes!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 24, 2008 at 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you..... you must come next year!!!

 
At May 25, 2008 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Kushmama said...

you know i will!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home