Friday, August 24, 2007

Countdown to New Hampshire


In less than two weeks Mollie and I will be flying to New Hampshire with my parents for my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. It's a big surprise for them and a big treat for us, me especially as it was 12 years ago since my last visit.

My family moved to Nottingham, N.H. my freshman year of high school and lived there until '89. It was a big change for us as the climate is obviously quite different than the Florida climate we were used to. I never fully adapted to the cold temperatures and similarly cold reception of the locals. I do, however, have many fond memories of the area and look forward to showing my daughter the beautiful landscape of the new england coastal area where I spent my adolescent years.

We'll only be in town from Thursday to Sunday, Saturday being the day of the anniversary party, so our time is limited. Some of the places that won't be missed, though, will be - Nubble Light in York, Maine (the BEST salt water taffy ever!); University of New Hampshire campus and the Durham Dairy Bar (a very old train station in which the terminal was turned into a "Dairy Bar" with the most amazing ice cream on the planet); The Weathervane restaurant (incredibly delicious seafood). Funny how all of my must-see spots involve food!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 at 8:48 AM , Blogger opportunity said...

hiii,, i saw your blog and very nice,,but why you not register with adsense? you can put more money only using your blog. maybe you want more information about adsense, ok you can look at http://adsense600.blogspot.com/

 
At August 25, 2007 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a blast, Bethany! Looking forward to the pics! I know what you mean about memories and food... they go hand in hand!

 
At August 26, 2007 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

I'm so jealous, I wish I could go! Have a butter crunch ice cream for me at The Dairy Bar.
-P

 
At August 26, 2007 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

I wish you could go, too, Penny! I'll think I'll look for some "wild berry crumble" ice cream....butter crunch is yummy, too, though!

Sorry I missed you today Jody - we had surprise visitors last night and today...I'm about to blog on them:)

 
At August 26, 2007 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

so cool that mollie gets to go. i remember when you were her age!!! just about the time we moved there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home